Friday 4 September 2015

Inspiration as a Songwriter


Many years ago when I first found my passion for music I was just following everyone else's love for all mainstream songs at the time, of course at the time I was enjoying what I was listening to but that soon changed. As time went on I began to realise that you shouldn't be afraid to step outside the box and discover a love for something else that some people may never agree with. Everyone has their own opinions and that's how its supposed to be, I love hearing peoples opinions as it sparks more thoughts in my mind and takes me down new paths.

Like I was saying as time went on I discovered a passion for abstract, unusual sounds creating very atmospheric music – I loved the music to take me somewhere else far from reality. The band that provoked this passion was 'Daughter' – a not very well known band from London. I thought their music was beautiful in the sense that you could really feel the emotion and create a clear image in your mind. I loved that they weren't afraid of using abstract sounds and doing things that were very out of the norm in the music industry.

Discovering the band 'Daughter' made me have much more confidence in song-writing. I realised that for me its not about who can make the most money from music that they don't really like writing, but its about writing music straight from the heart. Its about writing music for yourself and then if other people understand where you're coming from with your music even better. I don't want a huge fan-base that like my music because its mainstream, I want a fan-base of people that hear the passion in my music and go through the emotions that I do when I'm writing it and performing it. Music is meant to tell a story, its meant to take the listener on some sort of journey and to me if it doesn't do that then to me its not real music!

Click here for details about how our music studio can help you with your musical ambitions!

No comments:

Post a Comment